Saturday, November 08, 2008

Romans 1:16 "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile."

These are from the project I spent most of October on, a "Gospel Walkthrough" at my church. We built a large structure that kids could walk through consisting of six separate rooms, each one telling part of the story of the Gospel.

It was a great project to work on for a couple reasons. One, I got a chance to try my hand at environmental design and work on my compositional skills. And two, as a Christian, any chance I have to explicitly glorify God with my art is great.

These were drawn in pencil, colored in photoshop, and then printed as 8' by 15' canvas murals for four of the rooms.

The Garden of Eden: (God created us and wants a relationship with us)


The Fall of Man: (But man sinned and as a result our relationship with God was damaged)



The Person of Jesus: (In His love, God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for our mistakes)


The Promise: (We are promised eternal life with Jesus when we believe in Him as our Savior) (Turns out heaven is eerily similar to the Lion King. You try drawing heaven! :) )


It's a very simplified version of a message that has had profound impact on me as an artist and a human being, and to try to communicate some small part of that profundity in drawings was an incredible challenge.