Sunday, September 07, 2008

The ANIMALYMPICS have arrived!



Are you going through Olympic withdrawal? Do you like muscular animals with humanoid bodies wearing skintight spandex? Then you've come to the right blog!

For the next month, I'll be posting a series of original character designs with a common theme: all of the characters are animals, and all of the characters are also olympic athletes.

Here's how it works: each Monday I'll post a new event with three new character designs. You can vote for your favorite design in the poll at the top right column. Whichever character has the most votes at the end of the week will win the gold medal. You can leave commments to voice your support of a particular character, and even recruit your baby mama to come vote if you want - it's open to everyone.

Here's the schedule:

Monday, September 8: Round 1 (Weightlifting)
Monday, September 15: Round 2 (TBA)
Monday, September 22: Round 3 (TBA)
Monday, September 29: Round 4 (TBA)


I've done a little blog redesign as a form of opening ceremonies, but alas, my army of terrifying militant unison drummers (TMUD's) backed out at the last minute. Good luck to all the competitors!



p.s.

Here's a link to the television cartoon of the same name (which debuted in 1980 and actually featured the animation talent of one Brad Bird). I don't remember watching it, but I'm sure it played a role in this idea somehow.

No sue-me, no sue-me! (It's like "no whammy" but different.)